Friday, March 30, 2012

Primrose Lane Kit... and busting out the Silhouette machine!


Hi friends. It's been a while, hasn't it? 

I've missed you all so much... it's been a hard month for us at my home. As some of you know from the message board, I lost my dad almost two weeks ago and it's been just a really sad time for us. 

I've been slowly getting back into creating... it's been a good bit of therapy for me just just escape into playing with bits and scraps and recording memories. 
Oh how I believe even more in this hobby of ours now! 

Last night I pulled out the gorgeous Primrose Lane kit (I understand these sold out really quickly- sign up for the wait list for kit subscriptions so that Noel can add some more!) ;) 

I also pulled out my Silhouette machine last night. I did the latest software update and I don't know if my computer didn't like it or what, but it took me a bit to get my machine to work! I was quite frustrated there but I'm so glad for the results! (Btw, it may have all been user error. Don't laugh at me. hehehe) 

I cut out a chevron background from white cardstock, and before I adhered it to my patterned paper, I misted a bit with some Studio Calico Opaque White and Shine. Then I started layering on top of it. I love all the little textures here! 




This picture is of me and my siblings on the day of my dad's military funeral. We'd already had the memorial the weekend before, so that day was just more of final closure... it's been so good to have them nearby to lean on. I'm really thankful for my siblings and that we have good relationships. And it's something I want to make sure I have documented in my scrapbooks! 

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

gorgeous Virg!

Elisha Pharr said...

This is absolutely stunning, V, every last detail!! Hugs to you and your family!!

Kimberly said...

This is completely GORGEOUS! :)
Sending you (((hugs))) too for your hard time. xx
Loves,
K