Saturday, October 8, 2016

Fall is in the Air | Falloweeen Classic Kit

Happy Saturday!  Laura here with you today, I am sure that you have probably picked up on it by now, Saturday's are my days to share here!  I am so excited to be playing with a new kit, the October "Falloween" Kit is so full of goodness! If you missed it you can check out my unboxing video here on my You-Tube channel. The DT is embracing another challenge given to us by our DT coordinator, Meridy.  This week she has challenged us with a "Pumpkin Pie Challenge", so basically we can use the colour orange or a triangle / wedge shape.  You can see from my page, I jumped right in and used both!


I used the knife tool in my Silhouette Studio software to cut up a circle into pie shaped wedges to create the focal area behind my photos, then I cut each one out of a different patterned paper from the kit!

After that I added in some stitching down the centre of each wedge, except the plaid one, and then layered my photos onto a eighth patterned paper and tucked a leaf shaped doily behind it.

As you can see, I used lots of different oranges on this page!


The rustic twill ribbon in this kit is just so pretty and perfect, I used it to add some texture to my page by creating little layered loops with it.

The stitching in the ribbon is what inspired the stitching on this layout.

I hand cut a couple of leaves to layer behind this sweet wooded acorn element. 


I love these little cut apart phrases from Pretty Little Studios, I chose three that suited my photos and added little fish tails to one side before adhering them to my page.

I couldn't resist stitching "wind movement" onto my page for these cute chipboard leaves.  I knew that I wanted to do this for these leaves right away but couldn't decide what to do with a second set of leaves.


A few simple accents on the top left of my photos, adds some lovely pop.


I finished my layout by trimming down the background cardstock to 10 3/4" (ish) and added some more plaid patterned paper beneath it.  After adding more stitching, I embellished it with the other two chipboard leaves, a chipboard phrase and an epoxy button.

I have created another process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List:  American Crafts cardstock and leaf doily; Pebbles patterned paper and wood elements; Bella Blvd patterned paper and ephemera; Echo Park patterned paper, chipboard and enamel dots; Pretty Little Studios cut apart phrases; May Arts ribbon; Twinery bakers twine (from the August Kit);  American Crafts vellum (from my stash) and brown Mr. Huey's (from my stash).

Thanks so much for visiting!  Be sure to check back daily to see what the rest of the team is creating.
Laura
xo

No comments: