Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Absorbed


Oh my goodness, I think the pieces of this kit just flew out of the box and onto the page all by themselves.

Yes, it was nearly that easy to work with this beautiful Cornucopia kit. Hee hee

(To see a list and pictures of the full kit contents, click here!)
I sanded bits of the fabric thickers to give them a more worn look, and then stitched them on with red embroidery thread. I made a small "flower" to poke out of behind this journaling spot- just cut an uneven circle and then cut strips into it... ink and pull the edges up some to give dimension.

(I was inspired by sketch #2 on Inspired Blueprints! I used it as a spring board and then made it fit my style.)

3 comments:

Greta Adams said...

girl this is HOT!!!
i love the worn look to the fabric thickers.... so going to do that myself....

u rock my socks
and i love inspired blueprints..awesome sketches

Deanna said...

Gorgeous V! I LOVE this LO and Em looks so beautiful in her bright red coat! Perfect for these papers! The whole thing is just gorgeous! :)

Jana Eubank said...

Beautiful! Love those layered edges and the use of thread. Fantabulous girl!