Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Cherish Us

It is amazing how the years fly by! This was a picture taken of my hubby and I. We were high school sweethearts, and when we got married right out of college I think a lot of people placed bets that our marriage wouldn't last. Well, I am happy to say, we proved all of them wrong!

I used the gorgeous Blue Skies kit for this LO. (Currently sold out!) The Scenic Route leaves were "naked" chipboard. I used the Tim Holtz Distress crackle paint on them. (Included in the kit too!) With a stiff paintbrush I added some "veins" in the leaves to give them some depth. I used a few rub ons and stickers to create the title.
Isn't this crackle paint the coolest? I finished it off with a couple of felt flowers threaded with a button, ribbon, and floss.

You may not be able to purchase the Blue Skies kit any longer, but check out the other kits that are left....they are going fast!

4 comments:

Noel said...

Can I just copy this??? Becuase it's perfect!! I love this and you guys are so cute together. :)

Virginia said...

LOVE those leaves! Incredible!

Regan said...

um- hello- this is friggin gorgeous!!

Greta Adams said...

second what regan said...i love all the space....