Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Crop Projects and a Layout!

My challenge at our crop this past weekend was to Just Do It! and alter something! :D We all have things that we've collected and held on to with a plan to alter them *someday*. This was a challenge to get you to pull out one of those items and actually do it! :D

Here are the projects I created for this challenge, both were found at the dollar store.

This first one is a craft organizer that I altered for my kids to use as a Treasure Box. They love all the compartments, and enjoy sorting their rocks, leaves, seashells and other special finds into their own little spots. I usually just write their name on them with a Sharpie, but have always wanted to make them "cute" and this was the challenge that got me to finally do it! :D I used the Lovely Day Kit (sold out).





This second project is a wood plaque that I found in the craft section of Dollar Tree. I loved it's shape and knew I could create something with it. When I opened the Penny Arcade kit I realized that all the papers matched the paint in my scrap room perfectly!!! I decided to create a new blog header and then afterwards display the plaque on one of my shelves. :D I LOVE the way it came out!




Finally, I have a new layout to share with you! I made this page using the Penny Arcade kit. This kit is just packed full with so many special touches. LOVE IT!!! The pearls and pins are two of my favorites! I used flower punches from my stash to create the book paper flowers. I also used spray inks from my stash to enhance my background paper! LOL! Thanks for looking!





Take care!
Jana

5 comments:

Frances said...

Great layouts Jana. That kit does look beautiful.

Aphra Bolyer said...

Love all these projects!!! The kit is versatile, hun?

Tara said...

Just gorgeous! I can't wait for mine to get here!

Kim Moreno said...

always a fan of your work Jana!! Great stuff!

dstandard said...

Beautiful layout! Love this!