Thursday, June 3, 2010

Intro: Brittny Lejeune



Hi! I'm Brittny, but Britt's easier, so we'll just stick with that, mkay? I'm 25, live in Vacaville, California with my ball and chain Eric and Izzy, my way-too-much-like-a-dog cat. We're a shabby little bunch, but we get by!

I went to Cal Poly SLO and have my Bachelors in Landscape Architecture and a minor in Horticulture. When I graduated I decided that scrapbooking would just be so much more fun and conveniently, the job market agreed with me. I sort of stumbled into a job as a sales rep for several scrapbooking and stamping companies.I've been doing that for the last six months or so, and am loving it!

My favorite manufacturer is Cosmo Cricket, I can't stand the word hokey pokey, and I consider chocolate to be a much better cure for depression than any therapist could ever be. I watch reruns of Dawson's Creek on dvd, am slightly obsessive compulsive, and if I had to eat one food for every meal for the rest of my life it would be Panang Curry with beef. Oooooh yum!

Who or what inspired you to start scrapbooking?
Well, it was about 5 years ago. My mom had converted my old bedroom into her scrapping room and began to build up a massive amount of supplies. BUT she just couldn't get started. She said that she needed to have all the tools that she would need before she could start because what if she got halfway through a page and realized that she needed something she didn't have!?! I took that as a blatant challenge. So I began to put layouts together. Layouts on 8.5x11 paper, with Jolee's stickers and dotty alphabet stamps and deckle-edged scissors. Eesh.... I soon realized that I definitely wanted to pursue this in any way that I could.







What are some of your favorite supplies?
Oh jeez... where do I start?
The things I'd be lost without are my Martha Stewart All-Purpose scissors, We R Memory Keepers paper piercer, Craft Knife, Big Bite, Corner Chompers, and magnetic cutting mat (yeah, I like their tools a whole lot), Tim Holtz acrylic ruler, baby powder, foam dots (Best Creation's are my fave), glue dots, Glossy Accents, Zip Dry, Adhesive Dot Roller by Scotch, any line of paper by Cosmo Cricket or October Afternoon, Goof Off (because Undu sucks now that it is California-proof) and let's not forget my faithful little Brother sewing machine. Oh, and I almost forgot! Black Staz-On ink smells like Heaven - I probably sniff it more than I stamp with it.

What's the best piece of constructive criticism you have ever received regarding your artwork?

"It's not a prom dress!" This, from a friend when she realized I'd been working on the same two square inches of a layout for an hour. I just couldn't get the stinkin' thing to look right and I was really letting it stress me out. And honestly, what are the odds that anyone would even notice that little problem area? Probably zero. So now every time I realize I've spent more time than I should on something totally inconsequential, I just repeat this to myself. It works.

That mini album up there is made out of a brie box. We had a surplus. Long story... There are more detailed photos on my blog. It features Cosmo Cricket's Delovely collection, which you will find in the Sun-Kissed kit this month! Get 'em while you can - I have a sneaking suspicion they're gonna go fast!!

1 comment:

Kathy Martin said...

This mini book is incredibly darling! :)