Sunday, October 16, 2011

Challenge layout!


So, I challenged the design team this week to come up with a layout based on one of the sneak peek images from the kits. I know this would REALLY stretch us outside of the box and might be a fun way to look at some of the products in a new way.

This was the sneak peek image I chose, based on the Something Wicked kit (there's still a few left if you want to grab one in time for Halloween!). 

And here's the layout I made from it! The only thing I added was the cardstock for the background. All the papers are the fronts and backs of the patterned papers that are shown in the peek. I didn't have as much of the paper as I wanted to in order to create a mat around the photo block, so I cut strips and laid them haphardly around the back of it. I like the way it turned out! 

Come join us in the fun! I'd love to see your take on it!


******************************************************************************

Tomorrow kicks off Spooktacular Week here at NoelMignon! Make sure to check back each day for lots of Halloween inspiration, games, chat times with the design team, blog hoppin', and creepy sneaky fun! :)


1 comment:

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I like how you improvised to create a mat with the paper strips. I'm going to have to remember that because I often don't have paper that is the right size.