Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween is coooooooming!!

Are you ready for it? I loooooove October and Halloween and the first beginnings of Fall, and the apple cider and the smells of spices and all things baking in my oven. YUM!

I have been doing lots of playing with my Something Wicked kit (hurry hurry to get yours - only 9 left!!) and I am seriously loving it! There's more than just Halloween in there, folks - Noel mixed in some great pieces that will work great for general fall layouts and the bits and pieces baggie is to die for!

I went to Sonic a couple of weeks ago to get some Route 44 Cherry Limeade's for the boys and got a drink carrier to hold everything in, and the second I saw it empty, I KNEW I had to make something with it! It was just calling my name!

So I did. And I love it!


And it was easy! I just measured and traced each side and cut pieces of the Pink Paislee House of Three papers to fit. I distress inked the edges of all the pieces with Pumice Stone Distress Ink by Ranger and glued them down. Then I  made the little banner piece using some of the burlap trim from My Mind's Eye that Noel put in the Study Hall kit and made  the title piece using a sticker from the Glitz stickers in the Something Wicked kit. It is at this point that I fell in love with my glue gun all over again!


Once I finished with the outside of the carrier, I added four big Ball jars with just the outside part of the lid screwed on. These happen to be pretty old, so they have this awesome distressed look to them. I wrapped the outside of the lid with some black masking tape (thank you, Mom!) and then tied some natural twine around to hold the tag and mini buttons in place.
I was going to finish there and fill all the jars with candy, BUT THEN I remembered I had all these awesome plastic wands from SRM and I thought that they would be waaaaay more perfect to fill with candy and then put them in the jars. This instantly became my favorite party favor EVER. I used a little more black masking tape, jute and buttons to jazz them up, and then added a couple of tags from the We R Memory Keepers chipboard stickers in the kit. The secret there is to coat the backs with baby powder to "destickify" them. The tops of the tubes also just happen to be the same size as the MME brads that are in the kit, so I snipped off the prongs on the brads and hot glued them to the top of the lids and Ohemgee!!!


So that's the Halloween Treat Carrier! I hope you can use this idea for your scary party or maybe to send with the kiddies to their class party, filled with enough tubes for each student in the classroom? So many different ways to use it, and this concept can be made to fit other holidays, too! Can't you just see candy canes in the jars at Christmas? LOOOVE!!

That's all for today, friends.
Happy Scrappin'!
xoxo
Britt

3 comments:

Noel said...

This. is. GENIUS! I love how you just "knew" what to do with it! Fabulous Britt!

Virginia said...

Britt, this is amazing!!! I am so copying this!

Gretchen said...

this is fabulous Britt!!