Saturday, October 8, 2011

Trick or treat!


The Something Wicked kit has been making this month so much fun for me! I love pulling out all the contents and inevitably thinking back to Halloween memories.... that of my own kids' and of my own. 

I wanted to capture the essence of trick or treating in this layout. I used a blurry picture from last year that shows the magical, fuzzy-around-the-edges, mystery of the night, and then the classic standing on the porch, waiting for some ghoul to come to the door with a bowl full of treats shot. 

I did a ton of fussy cutting on this layout.... from the pennant banner cut out of patterned paper, to the delightful little scene of trick or treaters, to the ominous clouds and stars. 

It makes a great use of those great elements from papers and lets them stand on their own as embellishments. 

I added some of the distress stickles on the roof of the house. I love the subtle texture it adds. 



1 comment:

TeenaBugg38 said...

oh my gosh I just love that layout!!! YOur fussy cutting really paid off, I love all the little details :)