Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dear Diary Quick Tips



Hello my fellow crafters! Today I wanted to show you a couple of ideas on how to use a few of the items in the "Dear Diary" kit (hurry only 3 left!!!) First up...the infamous Jenni Bowlin paint dauber!

Tip #1: I know some of you mentioned on the boards that you would like a few ideas on how to use the paint dauber. I used mine as ink pad for my We R Memory Keepers stamps from the kit. It was super easy and not one bit messy. All you need to do is to gently dab the paint dauber on your stamp and then stamp it on paper. Neat huh? Check out the results...



Tip #2: When I opened the kit one of the first things that caught my eye was the honeycomb laser cut paper from BasicGrey. Although the patterned side of the paper is gorgeous, you might consider using the back side of the paper. You still get the nice honeycomb pattern and you can alter it to better fit your layout. Here I sprayed mine with one of my brown Maya Mists. Here is the result...



Be on the lookout for the full reveal of this layout on an upcoming Noel Mignon challenge. I hope these two tips sparked a few new creative ideas for you.


Happy Saturday everyone!

-Diana

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh wow, this is truly amazing, thank you for the wonderful hints. Melxx

Gretchen said...

fun tips Diana!!