Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I want some candy!

Hey everyone! I have a quick layout to share today using Sketch #60 from Inspired Blueprints. I love sketches. The hardest part is done for you...trying to figure out the design of your layout! I pulled out some remnants of an older Noel kit (Playdate) because I wanted some bright, fun papers to go with my photo.

Now I didn't have a 6x8 photo because I was out of printer paper and too lazy to have them printed somewhere else. So, I used background paper for the 6x8 photo portion of the sketch and used a 4x6 photo. That's the great thing about sketches - it gives you a baseline of where to start and then you can tweak it to fit your own tastes & photos you have!

I also added some white paint around the edge of the photo and instead of using the circle in the background like the sketch I added that fun hearts transparency. I think it looks better square anyway.

Try using a sketch on your next layout!

3 comments: