Monday, November 15, 2010

Home Town



One of my very favorite things about the Dear Diary Kit so far has been the Making Memories embellie. I ripped it apart, and used the ribbon on the layout below, to back the title.



It was the perfect color to make it pop just enough.

Then I used the metal part in the layout below. I made this layout using the Inspired Blueprints Sketch #59. I am so not a sketch person usually, and circles are a real stretch for me, but I had lots of fun stepping outside my scrappy bubble to try something new!



See how I made a little flower with the metal part? I just layered a button on top of it, then cut the flippy flappy parts off of the Basic Grey brad and glued that right to the center of the button. It gives it some nice depth, and then I added some leaves that I trimmed out from the Pyrus paper in the kit.



So how about it? Find an embellie that you've been hoarding and make it into something else! Rip it up, pull it apart, and show us a new way to use it!

Can't wait to see what you create!
Happy Monday!
xoxo
Britt

2 comments: