Thursday, November 18, 2010

Scaredy Cats!


Good morning, friends! Today, I have a layout to share with you using Inspired Blueprints Sketch #60 and the gorgeous "Sleepy Hollow" kit. I love using sketches as starting points but for me the end results often end up looking nothing like the sketch. And that's okay! Sometimes a sketch just helps with general placements of photos, titles, journaling and embellishments and other times it's great to interpret it exactly as it's drawn. I love these photos of my girls wearing their Halloween shirts and cute, purple hats I picked up at Target. The patterned paper in the background is a die-cut by We R Memory Keepers. I just inked the edges of it with white Staz-On ink to help it pop off the page and to give it a shabby feel. If  you click on my layout, you'll also see that I machine stitched around the edges of it. 


For the title, I used the Pink Paislee and Making Memories alphabets in the kit. 


I cut out a cute little black cat from one of the We R Memory Keepers patterned papers in the kit and used foam adhesive to pop him off the page. Then, I wrapped the Pink Paislee purple tinsel trim around the edges. 


The little bats are Making Memories metal embellishments (had to use two of them, of course!) :)


I picked up The Girls' Paperie Toil & Trouble sticker book and that's where the journaling spot and black and cream die-cut border stickers came from. 

Have a great day! 
Until next time,
Jill


No comments: