Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Adventure!


Happy Thursday, friends! I have a 2-page layout to share with you today using the stunning "Dear Diary" kit. Gasp! Yes, I said a 2-page layout. It's definitely out of my comfort zone to do a 2-page layout but it's something I'm trying to do more and more. (Check out the message board for a challenge to do a layout out of your comfort zone posted by message board member, Caz - she offered up a gift card to the store for the winner!) I used primarily Lily Bee Designs products on my layout and even did a little misting using Glimmer Mist in Tiger Lily and Coffee Shop for added texture.


Here's a close-up of my title. I used Crate Paper and Jenni Bowlin sticker labels, Cosmo Cricket alphabet stickers, Pink Paislee alphabet stickers (from Sleepy Hollow) and American Crafts thickers. 


For the pumpkins, I hand drew a template and then pieced them together using Lily Bee patterned paper. You could certainly use a Cricut or other die-cut machine. I also machine stitched the pumpkins together.  The leaves were punched with a Martha Stewart maple leaf punch and I used foam adhesive on several of them for added dimension. 


Here's a look at my banner and journaling. 


I definitely enjoyed creating this 2-pager and hope to do more! See you next Thursday!

Jill

3 comments:

Mel said...

Wow Wow, this is stunning Jill, I haven't still received mine but it will be so worth the wait (as it always is) Melxx

Jana Eubank said...

LOVE those patterned pumpkins! What a great design!

Gretchen said...

fabulous 2-pager Jill!!