So I finally decided on making my own background paper with it! I wanted a super textured and kind of rough looking finish, with a touch of the malted milk color in there. This is how I did it:
- I first cut the Jillibean Soup Paper Bag kraft cardstock to 8.5x11.
- And I applied Gesso with my paint brush to it. I made sure that I didn't cover every square inch, because I not only wanted some of the Malted Milk dabber to stand alone on the kraft, but I also wanted little hints of the kraft to still come through.
- Once the Gesso dried, I then used the dabber and just started smearing it across the paper as I liked. I applied it a little heavier some areas, and in other not at all, that way a little bit of the white from the Gesso was in there too. :D
- This went so smoothly-I was very impressed!
- I applied the JB paint dabber in one more place as well-I used it to make the Lily Bee paper not stand out so much on my background by just doing a light coat over the edges and a teeny bit in the middle of the circle. It is the one in the middle far right.
Now you all can say that you saw Amy get techniquey!! Woohoo! (Laugh!!)