Wednesday, February 13, 2013

SKETCH TIME!!!!

Hello everyone!!! I'm back with a brand new sketch challenge for February!!!  This month's sketch is a 3-photo layout full of layering & circular elements - fun, fun, fun!!!

Photobucket

I grabbed my Lasting Love kit & got to work, scrapping some everyday pics of my little man :)  You may notice I used 3 doily-type embellishments for my circular elements.  In the kit, I found a layered sticker by My Minds Eye. Rather than use the embellishment as one, I took it apart & removed the adhesive to give me more to work with - thinking outside the box over here :)  I also flip-flopped the title & journaling.  Remember, a sketch is just a starting point, it's ok to make it your own!!!

Photobucket

Below is a close-up of my title work.  In addition to using the sticker alphas from the kit, I also cut the "you" from a patterned paper.  A little pen detail & added embellishment for the "o" allowed me to create a "dressed up" version to add to my title :)

Photobucket

A close-up on my journaling . . .

Photobucket

And finally a shot of these cute little arrows I cut with my Silhouette & then stitched over.  A fun way to draw attention to a photo :)

Photobucket

Are you ready to play along???  We had lots of new & returning participants last month!!! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this go around :)  Your entry to this challenge is due March 1st .  The sketch thread is up HERE.  Once you have completed your entry, be sure to post your entry under the February Sketch Challenge thread.  One lucky participant will be randomly selected to receive the Amy Tan Signature Series book - YAY!!! Have a FABULOUS Wednesday!!!

No comments: