Thursday, February 14, 2013

My World

 ~ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ~

Hearts, candy, red, pink...however you celebrate, I hope you don't forget to treat yourself good too!

My family is "My World," day in and day out, we are together all the time.  We are a bunch of goofballs, but that's the way we like it.  This photo of us says it all.
My first idea to scrap about my family was to cut a lot of hearts, and stitch them into a heart shape.  It didn't turn out the way I expected.  I let the cut hearts just fall on the paper, hoping to spark something, and it did...so I glued them onto a piece of pattern paper, layering them one on top of another.  

Then pop dotted the frame to put on top, trimming the excess hearts.  So it looks like a shaker, but they don't shake.  I added the banner on top with more pop dots.  I picked a few more pieces of paper and embellishments, and I needed to find a photo or photos before I went on.  

This is from one of those photo booths at the mall, and was perfect.  I added a border punch to the Basic Grey paper, and started to layer.  Decided to add some swirls and drops of mist, and a little bit of masking with dye ink, so did that before I glued everything down.  For a little more color, I fussy cut the banner from Crate Paper to layer at the top.
That flower is just gorgeous, and even though I had the large embellished frame and hearts, the flower was a nice touch to add some sweetness to the quirky photos of us.
Love to you all, and hope you have a wonderful {Heart} day!
XOXO

No comments: