Friday, February 22, 2013

Sweet As Can Be


I'm trying to re-ignite my passion for the artistic side of scrapbooking, and am taking an online class to boost that. It's been wonderful and really excites my desire to play with paper and mists and all the lovely things we all love! 

For this sweet layout, I wanted to play with watercolors because they matched the soft, romantic feel I wanted to have complement this pics of my daughter. I borrowed some from my three year old and got to painting! 

I dabbled some watercolors on the punched out butterflies and on the paper underneath (through the negative space). I made sure to make the paint go on unevenly because I wanted there to be different levels of opacity on the painted areas.



I so love the pre-stitched banners and embellishments in this kit! They made it super easy to add more texture and dimension to this layout without the extra time. 

I also pulled up part of the My Mind's Eye sticker that says "I love to see you smile," and replaced it with the stitched vellum sticker... I didn't want the boldness of the red glitter on this particular page, so I just took it off and saved it for another page. 


What sort of creative techniques are you enjoying lately?


No comments: