Tuesday, February 12, 2013

P.S. I Love You

Hello everyone! I'm back with another layout using the fabulous February kit, Lasting Love.

I want to give you a little peek into one of the easiest (and my favorite) way to make a beautifully layered layout. Are you ready for it? Here it is...
Patterned paper that is designed and printed with a layered look straight out of the kit. Really! This one is from My Mind's Eye and they couldn't make it any easier. The design already includes a beautiful doily layered with embellishments in the top left corner and a variety of layered papers around the corners. The good news...they are often included in your monthly kit!

Here is a breakdown of how I add my own touches to create a layout with the pre-designed papers for bases.
Add some mist splatters (the dark pink/red is included in your Lasting Love kit) along with another doily to the background for your focal point (tip: fold the doily, if necessary, to get the desired size).
A photo matted on a couple pieces of coordinating papers, tied together with twine..

Next add clusters of embellishments around the photo. The contrast of the burlap heart and soft pink flower in the Lasting Love kit is gorgeous. I also added a couple drops of mist to the burlap heart for a more distressed look.
A fabulous title over the pre-printed doily and you can call it done.
Simple as that!

Everything on the layout is in the Lasting Love kit, which is unfortunately sold out. If you missed it you can pick up the Lasting Love Paper Only kit.

I thought the vintage flair was a nice touch to my layout. It was made by A Flair for Buttons and there is a great selection of flair in the shop, right here!

Have you used this sheet of paper from the kit yet? I challenge you to get it out this week and make a layout with it. Post it on the message board and I'll swing by after the weekend to see all your creations with this beautiful paper!

Have a fabulous week!

1 comment:

gssfam said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm definitely going to get mine out and work with it!!