Thursday, February 21, 2013

Favorite Ride


Hello Everyone!  I know I have posted on the blog, but I had them scheduled, because the family and I were in Disney World all last week.  I am getting back into the groove of things.

Like most of us, I have over 1,000 photos from our trip.  When I came across these photos to edit, I had to pick these to scrap first...and the Dumbo ride was actually the first ride my daughter said she wanted to do at Magic Kingdom...we rode about 4 times total!  Still her number one favorite at Disney World.  We like it too...just our speed!  :)

Okay...so I wanted to use Lasting Love to make the layout, but I also had some very strong orange coming from Dumbo's hat.  So I pulled some orange and orange/yellow...some things from my stash and some things from the Soda Shoppe kit.  For the design, I wanted to use Julie Bonner's sketch from last week.  The photos I picked though have lots of detail and were getting lost with the sketch as is...I kept with the inspiration of the sketch, but changed it to fit the photos.

 The first paper I picked was the red and white My Mind's Eye paper.  Then I remembered about these Maya Road circle and star chipboard sets I had...I thought the paper and the stars went really well with the circus feel of the ride.  I loved the My Mind's Eye paper for the background...the layout was really starting to come together with the circus feel.  I pulled out some washi and buttons to help pull the layout together even more.  I used a couple of the aqua stickers from the Soda Shoppe kit from Dear Lizzy too.
 That floral card I cut from the Crate Paper pattern paper was my favorite and really reminded of that area of the park with the Pinnochio, Fantasyland feel.  I love creating a certain "feel" to a layout without too much of a theme.  I pulled out some die cuts from October Afternoon from my stash to bring the layout together even more.  I also used the My Mind's Eye dimensional stickers from Lasting Love, but didn't use them as is.  I took them apart and then used them.  That grey doily under the photo is from the large embellishment! 
 Circus, Pinnochio, Fantasyland feel was going great...and that finishing touch to that feel for me was to add some hand stitching to the heart and then add another heart on top.
I love these photos!  They just make me so happy.  And I love when that feeling comes across in a layout...definitely one of my favorites!  Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Such a fun layout, Patricia. I love all the bits and pieces you added to pull it all together :)