Thursday, October 23, 2014

Easy Halloween frame!

Hey there! I have a bit of a treat for you all in the way of a fun and easy Halloween frame idea!
I found this great burlap frame in the clearance section at Hobby Lobby & figured it'd be the perfect backdrop for a Halloween display.
I started with some vintage dictionary pages (if you notice, I did take care with which pages I picked...Halloween, vampire, etc!) Then I pulled out bits and pieces of a leftover Halloween kit & just began layering with the rub-ons & embellishments. I also added some orange inking around the edges. I also took out the glass of the frame so the embellishments would have room.
See? Easy peasy! You can create a similar frame with one of Noel's mini kits - like the Masquerade kit - over in the shop!

You can also Modpodge old book papers onto a plastic pumpkin. I thought I had a picture of the one I did last year but I couldn't find it :( But it was similar to this:
I just cut the papers into strips and attached them to the pumpkin with Modpodge. A little time consuming but very easy!

Here's another project I found on Pinterest using vintage book papers:

You can head here to see more of my Halloween Pinterest board!

No comments: