Friday, October 24, 2014

Trick or Treat?

Trick or Treat? Well, TREAT of course!! And maybe a little trick too.

On Wednesday Virginia gave us all a TREAT by creating a free printable sheet of Halloween pocket page inserts. I took full advantage and immediately printed several copies of those babies. Not only do I plan to use them in my PL book, but I also thought it'd be another "treat" to show how I'd use them on a 12x12 layout, and here's how that turned out.




First, I printed Virginia's printable on cardstock. I coulda, shoulda, wish I woulda, printed them on watercolor paper too (note to self for next time) but the cardstock worked just fine too. After I printed the cards, I pulled out a couple of my favorite watercolor paints. I wet the entire insert with plain water first, then went back and added orange to the top and bottom of the card. I proceeded to play with the paint until it bled into all the places I wanted it to. And last I dried it with my heat gun.  One TRICK I've learned is that after the front is dry, you can wet the backside of the card and blow dry it too and then it won't be quite as warped. To embellish my newly painted card, I backed it with gray paper poked 2 holes in it at the top of both the gray and painted cards, and laced the gray ribbon from the Early Autumn kit through them and tied a bow. Easy peasy. This watercolor technique and embellishment could be use for either a PL album OR a layout. I chose to work it in to my layout.

I'd love to see how you use these printable tags! Be sure to share with us on the Noel Mignon Members Facebook page!

Happy Friday everyone! 


No comments: