Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Give Thanks!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I thought I'd pop in to show you a cute and QUICK little banner I made for my living room. With the little one dominating all of the ground space in the house, decorating has taken on a whole new challenge this fall! The idea here is to keep it high and light!


I have a thing for vintage windows. Like, a major thing. There are TWO on this ledge in my living room, and I have another even more amazing one that I added vinyl to, just waiting for December out in the garage. Where I'll put that one, I have no idea...


All you have to do to make this simple banner is choose a leaf cut file you like and cut seven leaves from two different patterned papers. 14 leaves total. Back your Thickers with some aqua paper and glue them to the leaves, alternating colors. Glue the extra leaves to the first and last letters of the words. Cut out several leaves from the October Afternoon paper and alternate them between the big leaves. Once everything looks right to you, hot glue the tips of the stems onto a long piece of brown baker's twine - one word per piece, so you have two separate banners.





All I did to mount these to the window was to stick a little piece of that amazing gold stripe washi over the strings and tie a bow in them. Easy peasy!


No comments: