Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Early Autumn Cards

Hey all! Happy Tuesday!
Today I wanted to show you a couple of cards I made with the Early Autumn kits. This week's theme over here is "Autumn Activities" so I thought I would make some birthday cards in honor of my mother-in-law's birthday that is today!
 
 

For the first little guy, I used a kraft base, cut down to fit the 3x4 card in the center. I attached the banner die-cut with pop dots, and hot glued a little twine bow there at the top, and added the "happy" stickers over the pennants. I added another pennant sticker at the top, and borrowed that MME wood heart veneer from a past kit. LOVE them!


For this pretty little lady I cut  card base from the yellow cardstock in the classic kit and then cut the grey 6x6 paper down to 6x4. I cut out the 4x6 journaling card from the cutapart page in the DD kit and used my paper trimmer to cut out 1/4 of an inch from the 6" side. I disguised the seam with the grey diagonal ribbon, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite things on earth! I cut the flower pitcher from the other cutapart sheet and pop-dotted it over the ribbon. Then I just added one of those cute little flowers in the DD embellie bag, and stamped a cute birthday-type saying at the bottom. This is definitely a simpler design than I usually gravitate to, but when you're designing a card for a specific person, it's good to keep their style in mind.


And now I'm off to fill in the inside of this pretty thing and get ready for a fun day ahead!
Hope you all are having some fun Autumn Activites, too!



1 comment:

Kim A. said...

These cards are so pretty. I love all the fall colors of this kit!!