Friday, October 31, 2014

Flashback Friday Halloween edition

Happy Halloween everyone!! I'm super excited that it's finally Halloween. There's nothing like candy and good costume to make for a fun evening. It's also a fun time to look back at Halloweens of the past and see just how much the kids have grown and how their tastes in costume have changed. That's exactly what I did with my layout today. I flashed back to 2008 when I only had 2 sweet little girls (we've added a little boy since this pic) and they got to REALLY trick-or-treat for the first time.




I called my layout "Lovin' This" using the My Mind's Eye rub-ons that came in the kit. The arrow and little triangles are also from that sheet of rub-ons. And staying with the flash back theme, I dug deep into my Pinterest account and found a layout from a favorite designer, Jen Jockish, and used one of her layouts that I'd pinned (waaaay back) as my inspiration. Then I went with the "2" theme, because it's neat to look back and see what our family looked like minus one. Admittedly, I can't remember a lot from those days thanks to major sleep deprivation. To fit the "2" theme, I used the wood print die-cut that came in my kit as well as the "Admission for Two" Fancy Pants ticket stub. Then I added more rub-ons, some chipboard 3D stickers, my journaling, and called it finished.

Thanks so much for joining me today as I flashed back to our Halloween 2008.

Hope you have a fantastic Halloween tonight and make many memories!!

Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

Becky said...

Great layout - loved the way you have used the ribbon.

Kim A. said...

This is soooo cute. I really love the fall colors, just beautiful!!