Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Halloween fun times

It is hard to believe that Halloween is almost here! 

Can you believe how quickly this year is flying? 

Today I have a fun Halloween-ish page to share with you that I made using the "Early Autumn" kit. This picture wasn't taken on Halloween but instead at a Halloween display at a local home store. I just couldn't resist taking this picture of my daughter and then scrapping it with this fun kit. She is normally pretty reserved so it was fun to capture this moment with her. 


I started off with a white carstock background. I trimmed 1/4" from each side of the white and then mounted that on a sheet of orange cardstock from the kit. I added some blue and green Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist. 
 

To create this background I just dipped a small paintbrush into the bottle of Studio Calico Mister Huey spray mist from the kit. I then added some more splatters with Mister Huey Dewey. After the ink was dry I added my title using a mix of the Thickers, alpha stickers and rub-ons from the kit. I also added a couple of October Afternoon enamel stars. 


I have never done this before but liked the look of the sheet of brads- don't they look like a strip of candy dots? I thought so and since I tend to not use all of my brads and they pile up in my stash I decided to use the entire sheet of Chickaniddy brads on my page. I just added some foam adhesive dots to the back. I used foam adhesive on back of the picture and strip of star paper as well to add some dimension to my page. 
I also used lots of little stickers here and there and finished it off with handwritten journaling around the edge of the layout.

Thanks for stopping by today! 

Make sure to stop by the Noel Mignon store to sign up for  your kit subscription if you  haven't already! You can do that by clicking here. 

The Classic Kits and Daily Diary subscriptions are open now but you only have until November 15th to sign up and not miss a single kit. 

No comments: