Monday, April 25, 2016

Here Comes the Sun-"Trailblazer" Classic Kit

It's Meridy here with another layout using the "Trailblazer" Classic Kit.  This week's theme is "Here Comes the Sun"...so see if you can spot my hidden sun on this layout.   You have to look close, it's hiding!!!

I decided to create this double page layout using photos from a vacation to Texas in 2014.  I felt like the colors worked well with my photographs.


I loved the October Afternoon "Tiny Type" alphas that came in this month's kit.  I use them quite often in my titles, so I am always excited to get a new color.  The teal in this month's kit was beautiful and versatile.  I also took advantage of the Elle's Studio cut apart banners.  They give an added little pop of color when I need it.  On this page I used the "Summer Vacation" and "Go. See. Do." banners.


I added one of the brad/die cut combos in this corner of the page along with an October Afternoon label sticker and a few rub ons to create a small embellishment cluster.  I also decided to ink the edges of the lighter papers to make them really pop against the background.


I created my journaling on the right side of the layout and surrounded it by embellishments to draw your eye to it.  I think you can spot the "hidden sun" in this photo---it came from the MME rub on package that came in the kit.


This little green camera was my favorite rub on in the package, because I am a sucker for cameras!!!  I just love photography and taking pictures, so naturally, I am drawn to all things camera related.


Thank you for joining me today.  There are a couple more "Trailblazer" Classic Kits available in the store.  They work great for a variety of layouts including vacations, camping, adventures, outdoors, and boys, just to name a few.

I will see you tomorrow with another "Trailblazer" layout!!!






No comments: