Monday, April 18, 2016

Line it Up--"Trailblazer" Classic Kit

Hello, it's Meridy here.  Happy Monday!!!  This week the design team is incorporating "Line it Up" as a challenge in our layouts using the "Trailblazer" Classic Kit.  I decided to put strips of cardstock in LINES on my layout to complete this challenge.  Here is my whole layout...


These are some of my favorite pictures of my little boy when he was 5.  The "Trailblazer" paper and embellishments in this kit are a great match for the colors and feel of these photos.  I used one 5x7 print on the left side of my layout with the LINES created mainly from the branding strips from various papers in the kit. 


Below is a close up of the LINES of paper strips.  I layered my title on one of the October Afternoon label stickers from the kit.  The alphabets in the kit ROCKED, I was able to use the smaller October Afternoon alphabets in combination with the burlap Thickers to make an interesting title for my layout.


I decided to use the main rub on in the MME pack on a project life card that I pulled from my stash.  I thought the quote was so cute and couldn't wait to use it right away.  I fussy cut the camera from one of Shimelle's patterned papers in this month's kit and embellished the lens with a brad from the MME embellishments that came in the kit as well.

 I used an 8x10 collage on the right side of my layout, which also holds my journaling.


I decided to mask off the top half of the burlap Thickers with washi tape and paint the bottom half red.  I used acrylic paint for this.  Super simple and quick!  I think it really makes the titles pop on the pages.


I liked the way this layout came out so much, that I decided to scraplift myself.  I periodically do this, it's pretty easy, and I feel like I get this second layout done really quickly.  Sometimes I will do this with completely different papers and embellishments.  

This time I decided to use a similar color scheme.  These two layouts won't go in the same album, so no one will probably even notice that they are so similar.




A few details...some fussy cutting again...


This time I painted the entire burlap Thicker title.  I tried only painting the bottom half, but it didn't pop as well against the background, so I decided to paint the whole thing.  I like the burlap texture, and now the titles really stand out.


Thank you for joining me today...check back all week to see how the rest of the team uses up the "Trailblazer" kits.  I think there are still a couple of classic kits available, but they won't be for long!

You still have time to sign up for the next term of subscriptions (June-December 2016).  Click here for details!

Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Just lovely layouts--I like how you used a lot of photos on the right hand side pages...I may have to Scraplift" this idea for my older pix of my children...hugs, Julierose (Thanks);--)))

Renee said...

Love the pages!!