Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Line It Up: Selfie Stick

Hi, Noel Mignon Fans! Jana Eubank here. This week's design challenge was a really fun one for me! For the "Line It Up" challenge, we were to use journaling lines of some kind, either hand-drawn, stitched, or whatever! I love sewing on my layouts and decided that I would add stitched journaling lines to this next page.

SELFIE STICK

I created this page using the April "Trailblazer" Classic Kit. I was drawn to the October Afternoon "Moaning Cavern" paper with the multi-colored diagonal lines.  I cut the Ecru cardstock down and adhered it on top to use as the base of my layout.


My daughter wanted a selfie stick for her last birthday, so of course we had a gazillion crazy pictures trying the thing out! Ha! I printed them in two strips and anchored them together using the Shimelle Starshine "Kepler" paper placed on a band of layered patterned paper, washi tape and ribbon the navy ribbon from the kit. I added some kraft twine (from my stash) around the photo strips for a bit more texture.


I cut the title out on my Silhouette Cameo machine using a cut file by Echo Park Paper that I found in the Silhouette Design Store. I cut it out twice and offset the two pieces so that the title appears to have a shadow. The phrases on the rolling stamp went perfectly with our silly photos and I had fun adding several of them around the title.

I used my sewing machine and navy thread to add journaling lines to my page. The texture is awesome! This is definitely something I want to do again!


Below the journaling I created a cluster of fun elements. I love the bright yellow tulle flowers included with this month's kit! To help them stand out a bit more from the busy layered papers below, I added a couple of flower shapes (cut from the Goldenrod cardstock on my Cameo) below each of them. Leaves cut from some green scrap paper from my stash finish them off. 

I then hand-cut a few of the cameras from the Shimelle Starshine "Pathfinder" paper and clustered them together below the flowers. A super-cute blue Maya Road bird sits on top of it all enjoying the view!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my project today! I hope you are having a great week!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, Jana!

MarciaD said...

Such a great layout!

Donna said...

Terrific. Those stitched journaling lines are awesome.