Monday, March 6, 2017

{Adorably Dopey} Layout with the "Delightful" Daily Diary Kit

Hello NM fans, it's Meridy here!  Welcome to a week of "Delightful Layers" in honor of the "Delightful" Kits this month.  This week the design team is going to wow you with lots and lots of layering in our projects.  Before I share my project, I wanted to share a link to my unboxing video of the Daily Diary "Delightful" Kit.


As you can see, there are amazing products in this month's Daily Diary kit (as always).  There are still a couple of more kits in the store today too.

I have been working with this kit all weekend, and have created so much!  When I work with the Daily Diary kit, I usually order a paper add on kit, and this way I get the 20 12x12 papers that come in the Classic Kit as well.  I love creating 12x12 layouts with the Daily Diary kit. My favorite layout that I created with the "Delightful" Daily Diary Kit  is called "Adorably Dopey".  The photos I used are from a trip we took to Disneyland last month.


I started this layout by choosing papers and project life cards that coordinated with my son's Dopey outfit.  The bright greenish yellow, light blue, purple, and grey colors in the kit matched the photos perfectly!  

Next, I started building up my layers.  To make the 3x4 and 4x6 cards stretch a little more, I often trim off the portion that is layered under something else.  Then I can use that trimmed off piece on another area of the layout.  Although it looks like I used 10 different 3x4 cards, I actually only used 4 and trimmed them into small pieces.


After I got the main pieces in place, I needed to embellish. I fussy cut a few of the Pebbles cut apart 3x4 cards.  There were 2 cards with great cross sections of a tree and cute flowers and sayings, so I KNEW I had to use them with these photos with the tree in the background.  One of the cards read "together is my favorite place to be", but that quote didn't really go with my layout, so I altered it!  I cut the words "TO BE" off of the bottom, I covered the "together" with some mini alphas from my stash to spell out "Disneyland".  So now, that embellishment reads "Disneyland is my favorite place".  What a perfect subtitle to my main title "Adorably Dopey" that I created with a few letter stickers from my stash as well.  

3x4 card "Before" I altered it.



Next, I used the bottom half of that fussy cut tree cross section to embellish the top right hand side of my layout, I made sure to cover the "To Be" that was printed on it with some other embellishments---it's hiding under the blue cardstock flag.


I inked the edges of all of the layers with grey ink, to make them pop a little.  I used some foam tape to raise a few of the embellishments up and add some more dimension.  I also fussy cut another 3x4 Pebbles tag to place at the bottom of my layout, but I left this sentiment alone and didn't alter it. 


That wraps up my layout full of layers for this week.  I hope you got some ideas about how to alter something to make it work for what you need, and some tips on making smaller pieces stretch even further.  I do both of these things pretty often in my scrapbooking.

  Stop by all week to see more "Delightful Layers" on projects.  Bye!




No comments: