Thursday, March 2, 2017

meeting Nadia

Happy March, everyone! 

It's hard to believe that it's here already. 

The trees in our front yard are covered in white blossoms, the daffodils are blooming and the tulips will be up any day now. 

It's one of my favorite times of the year. 

With a new month comes a new kit, and I am here to share a project this month's Classic kit, Delightful. There are still a couple of these left, so head to the store to get yours! 

One of my favorite parts of this beautiful kit was the Maggie Holmes chipboard. I used the word "dreams" in the title of my page as it fits the theme I was going for with my pictures. 

As a kid I dreamed of being a gymnast. My sisters and I would teach ourselves and each other how to do gymnastics tricks, though none of us ever got the chance to actually take a class. As my kids got old enough and because we passed a gymnastics place just about every day, I enrolled them in a class and the rest is as they say...history. 

Last month we were in Oklahoma City for a gymnastics meet for one of my girls and had the amazing opportunity to meet none other than gymnastics legend Nadia Comaneci. We jumped at the chance to take a picture with her. What an incredible memory that will be for us for a very long time. It was a dream come true to meet her, and an inspiration for my girls who dream of going places with gymnastics. 


I used the cute Pebbles text paper as my page background. Instead of cutting the tear strip off, I left that on and cut a strip from the top of the page and used the reverse side at the top of my layout. 


I used a medium-sized butterfly punch to cut a bunch of butterflies to go with one of the Maggie Holmes paper butterflies from the kit. I folded them to the center before adhering so that I could leave the wings open to add some fun dimension to my page. Instead of leaving the Maggie Holmes butterfly flat I lifted up the edges on each of the layers. 


Something fun that I tried with this page was using some of the thin tea-stained satin ribbon underneath my photos. I adhered a strip of the washi tape from the kit (mine is this green and pink striped tape, yours may be different) and then used clear liquid glue to hold the ribbon in place and layered my photos over the ribbon using foam adhesive. 

Here is another detail shot as well as my journaling:


Have you received your kit yet? 

What fun ideas do you have in mind for creating this month?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. 

No comments: