Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Quad Sisters - March Daily Diary Kit: Delightful

Hi!  Sarah here today sharing a 12x12 layout I made using the Daily Diary kit.  Normally I will be using my DD kits to make Project Life spreads, but I do want to make at least one layout with them so you can see different ways to use "pocket page" kits for layouts.  This week I made a layout for my sorority album that documents the girls I shared a quad with in our sorority dorm on campus.  Let's take a look at the past shall we....



Who is that BABY SARAH on the right????  I miss her...

Ok, so for this week, we are pushing ourselves to use lots of layers.  I used 4 of the paper pad papers to layer up and create my base behind the picture.  I also included a branding strip from one of the papers and created a shelf for my other embellishments.


On the top of the layout, I added one of the Pebbles washi tape strips and a border sticker.  Then layered it with a Freckled Fawn banner and some enamel dots (from my stash).


Above the picture I made sure to add a leftover from the border sticker and another Freckled Fawn chipboard stickers to echo the round shapes.  


The doily and the floral die cut are the perfect layering pieces.  Lots of interest without a lot of bulk.  I love how they just draw attention to the picture.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this layout using the Daily Diary kit.  Even though I didn't get the extra paper option, I was still able to create a full 12x12 layout with this kit.  

While using your kits this month, don't be afraid to pile on the layers and add some dimension to your layouts!  Can't wait to see what you create!


No comments: