Thursday, March 9, 2017

Looking back with the Delightful Classic Kit

Hello!

Our design team has done a beautiful job sharing projects with layering this week.

Today, I, Becky, have another project to share.

Layering is really one of my favorite things to do on projects, and since I typically do a lot of it anyway because I love layers and lots of dimension on my pages, this wasn't too much of a stretch for me.

It has been almost a year since my father in law passed away and when I found this picture of him and my youngest daughter kind of by accident while looking through old photos, I knew it would work perfectly with this month's beautiful kit.

Here is the page that I created with the Delightful Classic kit (still available here):


Instead of starting with a white cardstock base like I typically do, I used this pretty striped paper as my background. I started my layers by adhering stripes of the satin ribbon to the patterned paper. From there I added some gold spray mist droplets and then added two of the doilies from the kit. I used the reverse side of the doilies because I wanted a softer tone for my page. My photo was layered on top of that. So far we have 4 layers on this page (patterned paper, ribbon, doilies and photo). 


I then hand cut the beautiful flowers from the bottom of the Pink Paislee #10 patterned paper. I layered those over the bottom of my photograph, adhering some flat and adding foam adhesive to others. I then took a strip of the pretty tea-stained ribbon and triple folded it and then made a bow. Voila- a layered ribbon bow. I used liquid adhesive to adhere the bow to the center of the paper flower spray. 


I layered my chipboard alphas over the doiles at the top of my photo and then tucked the extra handcut flowers under the top right corner of my photo. I also added some chipboard, phrase stickers and some gold liquid pearls included in the kit. I layered some chipboard pieces below my photo along with that beautfiful jeweled flower by Prima. 

Here is another close-up of the layering at the bottom of my page. 


Thanks so much for stopping by the Noel Mignon blog today. 

Feel free to visit us at our member page on Facebook. 

We'd love to see what kinds of crafty things you are up to. 

Stay tuned tomorrow for more inspiration from our design team. 


No comments: