Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Spring Decor with the Delightful Classic Kit

A few years ago I began to take stock of our holiday/season décor and realized besides Christmas and Halloween the decorations were pretty sparse.  Each year I have been adding a few things.   I decided with the rest of my Delightful kit I would add to our Spring/Easter décor on our fireplace mantle.  


The first thing I decided to make was a banner using the colored doilies from the kit. 
I counted the doilies and determined from there I had enough yellow to spell out Spring and with one blue I could do one accent in the center.  I didn't want to break up the word spring but decided with the amount of dollies in the kit I would make it work. 


I cut the pendants from several different pattern papers, matted them with cardstock, and attached a strip of pattern paper to the top.  Using my trusty score board I made the folded paper medallions and topped them with pattern paper and letter stickers.  Once the pendants were put together I hot glued them to the ribbon and finished with smaller bows tied with a button and baker's twine (from my stash) at the ends. 


The center accent pendant I embellished with a paper butterfly.


After I got the banner finished and hung I decided to make a bunny box to compliment the egg shaped box I put together last year. 


He (she?) was cut out using my Silhouette Cameo.  He was a bit of a pain to glue together, but once finished I determined it was worth it.  I finished him off with a bow and some of the puffy flower stickers from the kit.  


And there you have it a few more holiday items for my house.  Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.  I hope you were inspired to make holiday décor with your kit. 
Happy crafting!

No comments: