Friday, March 3, 2017

Project Life 2017 Intro Page - March "Delightful" Daily Diary

Hi!  Sarah here to share my opening page for my 2017 Project Life album (let's just ignore exactly how far behind I am in Project Life...mmmmkay?).  I love the color scheme in this kit and knew it would be perfect to get started on my new year.


I wanted to really bring out the colors from the pictures.  I picked up on the purple in my husband's shirt and the pink in my girls' picture on the bottom.


I used the awesome "Hello" cork to start things off.  How perfectly does that fit on the 4x6 card?  I also used the Carta Bella alphabet sheet to document the year.


For the center of the spread, I used all cards.  I really like to make my intro pages graphic instead of a ton of pictures.  From the left, I started with the purple chevron card and cut out one of the ribbons from a Crate Paper pad - the one with the swan on it...I mean, I had to, right???  Then I used the gold foil floral card and left it plain.  It's so beautiful on it's own!  Next, I used one of the Pretty Little Studio floral cards and added a cork "4" to signify our family of 4.  Then I ended with the gorgeous bird card and added a word strip on the bottom to help bring out some of the blue that is subtly featured on other cards.


For the other 4x6 slot, I cut down one of the patterned papers and layered the pink doily on top.  Instead of clipping the "S" paperclip on it, I used my Tiny Attacher stapler and stapled it directly in the center of the doily.


For the picture of my girls, I added two die cuts and layered them.  I used a floral banner and the phrase die cuts.

 
Finally, for the picture of myself and my husband, I cut up one of the 3x4 cards that had the word "Love" on it and used it like a die cut.  The picture is smaller than 4x6 so I had some room to play up above it.  I also added the "beautiful" banner sticker from Carta Bella to finish out the phrase.

I hope you enjoyed my Project Life spread.  It's been way too long since I've worked on PL and I really missed it.  I can't wait to use up this kit in my 2017 album.  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you use your March Daily Diary kit in your albums this month!


No comments: