Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mistletoe & Holly: Having a "Krafty" Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Friends! Jana Eubank here. I LOVE the way the colors of the Dec. Mistletoe & Holly Kit coordinate with kraft cardstock, so today I thought I would share a couple of layouts using it as the base to my pages.

MAGICAL MOMENT

A couple of years ago my son was helping his grandparents deliver Christmas gifts to their neighbors. One of their neighbors sets out hay for the deer each year. They asked my son if he would like to help feed the deer ... they came and ate right out of his hand! He was delighted and mesmerized. It was definitely a magical moment for him that year!


I created a vertical line down my page to anchor my page design. This is a great solution when you are working with both horizontal and vertical photos. I layered a few strips of paper together for a little pattern play. I then created three shaker boxes from the square frames and sequins included with my kit. I layered these over the strips and photos.


In each corner I used metal dies to create the die cut snowflakes from white cardstock. I added the Shimelle wood buttons to the center of each one and then used the sparkles from the Shimelle rub ons to accent each group.


I placed the striped ribbon horizontally across the page to anchor the horizontal photo and also repeat the striped pattern of the top shaker box. I added one of the flair buttons to the knot in the ribbon.

I used the alphabets from the kit to create the title. I had a little space left at the bottom, so I used the Shimelle rub ons to fill that space in and make the design even with the bottom of the plaid paper strip.

............................................................

THIS IS WHAT CHRISTMAS IS ALL ABOUT

I love taking pictures of my kids all dressed up for church in front of the Christmas tree! It's just so festive! For this page, I again used a sheet of kraft cardstock to build my page on. I love how all of the other papers POP against it! 

I layered together several patterns and then added a bit of cream Hambly woodgrain transparency I had in my stash for additional interest. You could also use a woodgrain rub on or border stamp here for a similar look.

The two arrow paper clips help lead your eye across the page to the title and larger photos.


In the left corner, I had a little fun grouping together the star stickers from the Jillibean Soup sticker sheet and My Mind's Eye enamel shapes sheet. I accented the centers of the larger stars with the wood buttons from the kit.


I anchored my photos along the green cut apart border strip by Echo Park paper. I also let this serve as my title. I used the red pen from the kit to color in the word "Christmas" to help it stand out a bit. 


I accented the bottom right corner of the photos with a bird I cut from the October Afternoon paper and more star stickers and wood buttons.

............................................................

My next post for the NM Blog isn't until after Christmas, so I wanted to take a minute to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!! I hope you are making lots of fun memories with your family and friends this season! Stay warm and cozy out there!

Merry Christmas!
Jana



1 comment:

Donna said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family too, Jana. Both of tiye layouts are the terrific. This kit DOES look awesome with kraft.