Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Time to Trim the Tree-"Mistletoe & Holly" Classic Kit

Thanks for joining me today, I have another double page layout to share.  This time using pictures of our family decorating the tree from Christmas 2014.  


I try to print the pictures that I want to scrapbook at the end of each month.  I take LOTS of photos, and if I don't keep caught up on the printing, it will be totally overwhelming to me.  So I will print this December's photos in the beginning of January.

  Therefore, if I want to scrapbook Christmas photos in December, it will be pictures of Christmases past.  At least I will have this year's Christmas pictures printed and ready to scrap by the end of next week.  I have found this is the only way I can stay organized and keep on top of my printing without getting confused.


The left side of my layout, is a bit more intricate and detailed than the right side, since the left side focused on only 2 photographs, and the right side containes a collage of photographs.



Sometimes I struggle using rub ons on my layouts.  But the Shimelle Rub Ons in this kit were very easy for me to find a home for on this page.  The string of lights is one of my favorite from the pack...


I decided to fussy cut one of the little Rudolph's out of the border strip paper and add pop dots to the back to make one deer stand out on my page.  I like adding a little dimension with pop dots whenever I can.


The Pink Paislee Puffy Stickers "Deck the Halls" sentiment made the perfect title for this layout--I paired it with a few "ornament" embellishments from chipboard, to puffy stickers, to wooden buttons...


I cut the phrase "Christmas is Coming" out of the "B" side of a tiny scrap of paper that I had left over from earlier this month, and made it into a little tag, I outlined it to draw attention to it on my layout.


Thank you for joining me today!  Happy New Year!!!  I am dying to break into my January "Sweet Charlotte" Kit and share some layouts using that!!!  See you soon!


1 comment:

travelsontheblueroads said...

As alwayss, your imagination and layouts are amazing, Meridy! You have such a talent! Thanks for sharing!