Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ad Challenge: Office Party!



I love to look through magazines for scrapbooking inspiration and this ad for Bose radios in a recent issue of Ladies' Home Journal caught my eye. I liked the iPod playlist in the background with the radio and iPod in the front. 


I tore out the ad and used it as the inspiration for this layout of my husband with our daughters. When the girls were really young and crying a lot, the one thing that would bring "instant calm" to our lives was for them to sit outside in the glider with daddy. I used the Pink Paislee and Basic Grey patterned paper to create a circle (the playlist in the ad) to ground two of my photos. The block of light blue in the ad became another photo (a shot of our deck and back of the house to add context to the other photos). 


Here's a close-up of my title and the Lily Bee canvas flower that I layered with Basic Grey stickers. 


I inked the Making Memories alphabet for extra dimension and machine stitched across the bottom to ground them to the layout. 


Finally, I added a little more machine stitching for added visual interest. 


Everything in this layout is from the Office Party kit...be sure to pick one up before they are gone! 

2 comments:

Mel said...

Gorgeous layout Jill, looking forward to getting this one. Melxx

Noel said...

Just beautiful and "classy" feeling Jill...LOVE IT!