Friday, July 30, 2010

Kit Item


Good Morning Everyone!! Amy here. :D Today I am going to share with you a LO using my favorite kit item!!! I actually have three whole packs of these but hadn't used any of them yet. :P So when I got my Sunkissed kit (sorry, sold out!) and saw that it had a couple of the Maya Road Kraft envelopes that I had been hoarding and wanting to use for forever-I knew it was time to finally use one! :D Love love LOVE these! And I still have tons more to use so I have to start thinking of ideas to do so.

But the LO I made only used one, I wanted it to hold all my journaling. This LO is actually one of my favs that I have made in a while! :D I really like how it turned out, and the colors from the Sunkissed kit were just fantastic so it really made this a fun one to do!

The patchwork background on the top was super easy to do with my sewing machine! I just cut the squares and rectangles out and lined them up-putting just a tiny bit of glue on the back in the middle. Then when they were all dry, I stitched up the edges! :D (I can actually see though that I missed two spots though! :P Looks like I'll need to fix that! LOL!) But what was fun was I even stitched the kraft envelope on! :D (Have I mentioned how much I love those little things?! :D) Then the bottom border was pretty easy. It is just strips of paper cut with border punches and then the freehand cut paper at the very bottom. That bottom one was kind of different for me but it was fun! :D Trying something new. Then the title, and a few minimal embellishments make the rest of the LO. :D The only time consuming part is the patchwork background. But the work is well worth the effort.

And here is a little close up of some stitching and the gorgeous flowers!


Hope everyone is having a great day!!! Be sure to stop by the Noel Mignon message boards to check out the sneaks for the new kit coming out soon!! The sneaks are gorgeous so far!!! :D

~Amy

5 comments:

Jules the Bling Princess said...

Amy, this is absolutely STUNNING! I think it's my turn to do a scraplift! (-:

Michelle Whitlow said...

just adorable :)

Jenn K said...

SEW Fantastic!!

Jana Eubank said...

I love all the stitching, Amy! And what a fun idea to include the MME ticket as part of the patchwork!

Noel said...

There are so many things to love about this LO! The stitching, the rounded lower border, the title work. But my favorite is the adorable profile pic!