Saturday, July 3, 2010

Using the Kit: Journaling Tags as Flowers



I created this layout for the White Space Challenge on the challenge blog and the result is completely out of my element. I think it's good for me as a designer to experiment with different styles and ideas. Today, I wanted to show you another use for the journaling tags that were included in the Sun-Kissed kit. 


I layered my journaling tag with several of the bright, glittered flowers, a button and tied it off with some twine. I love the scalloped edges of the tag and thought it would make a great flower. 


The rest of my layout is fairly simple using the American Crafts chipboard thickers in the kit and the ribbon I tied off to highlight one of my photos. 


I loved mixing it up a little and using an embellishment in a different way. Hope you are enjoying playing with your bright, summery Sun-Kissed kit! Noel's August kit will be available on July 15th! 

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

Your pictures here are GORGEOUS, Jill! Super cute page!