Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weathered Chipboard


Tomorrow is the big day that we all have been waiting for....the reveal of the "Office Party" kit. Let me tell you. It is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I wanted to give you a quick little tip on how to use the chipboard item that is in this kit. You can see a little sneak of it here.



I did a few things to the chipboard piece to give it a worn and distressed look. First I painted a thick coat of crackle paint. Don't worry about covering each minute section of the chipboard. It actually adds to the worn look if you miss a few spots. After the crackle paint dried, I sprayed a bit of Maya Mist in Buttermilk to tone down the white crackle paint. Once the mist was dry, I lightly sanded the edges of the chipboard to complete my worn look.

Make sure to check back tomorrow for Brittny and my layouts full reveal along with the "Office Party" kit. Trust me. This one is a keeper!

1 comment:

Noel said...

I have not included any weathered paint for a LONG time...might need to get a bottle in an upcoming kit!!