Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inspiration!


Hi everyone!! Today I am gonna talk to you about the things that inspire me! I actually have about 4000 or something websites and blogs bookmarked on my computer but only about a 1000 of them are organized. :P I will be the first to admit that that number is crazy, and that I most certainly have not looked at every single one of them in a couple years. But clearly there is a lot that inspires me!! :D
I do have the few set blogs that I go and visit on a regular basis, and the company sites I go to as well. But there are a few that I absolutely love and adore because they inspire in many different levels! :D One of these favorites is a site called Creature Comforts. Not only does it provide amazing posts that include colors and textures and gorgeous photos (that totally inspire me to be a better photographer!), but it also has fantastic DIY ideas and downloads for free!
One of my favorite things to get from this blog are the color schemes she puts together! She calls them Color Crush. :D Love it! This one is my fav of all time!! I gasped when I saw it! Using color schemes is one of my fav things to do in scrapbooking. It is so fun to put a LO together using only the certain colors in my scheme that I have chosen, and then seeing the finished result when it is done! My favorite part about it is that it challenges me to have to go through all my stuff to find things that work with the colors I need, which in turn uses my stash and keeps everything I own fresh in my mind! :D Losing track of what you own is real easy to do when you accumulate as much stuff as I have! LOL!
Well I had really wanted to share a LO with you that I had started using a color scheme, but with all the CHA stuff I'm trying to finish too, I just couldn't get it done! :( So I am cringing right now because I have a post here without a picture! :P But I am going to make the LO work for my next post and will be able to share it with you then! :D Until then be sure to check out the Creature Comforts blog for tons of inspiration!
And another place to go is the Noel Mignon Challenge blog! A new challenge just went up on Sunday and it is amazing!!! I love what the other girls did with it! It is a no Patterned Paper challenge, which means you can use cardstock, and stickers but just no patterened paper! I tried hard to make use of a whole bunch of my Hambly overlays and the massive amounts of rub ons I have!! Hope you get a chance to play along! Can't wait to see what you do!
Take care!
~Amy

2 comments:

Camila Borssoi said...

thanks Amy, it's always nice to know where to find more inspiration!

Nancy said...

Thanks for the link. You are RIGHT! Creature Comforts is very inspirational!