Friday, September 3, 2010

10 Years

I love, love, love the richness and subtle contrasts that the colors of fall bring us. Such great inspiration for scrapping!

This is my layout for the current challenge. (Check it out!)
I used part of the lovely sheet of Hambly rub ons from the Sweet Sue kit. I cut the far right strip of squares off because I am hoarding them for another layout. I also purposely didn't entirely rub on some of the little details- I wanted them to look distressed.
I made this envelope using my Silhouette machine (although you could easily trace one of the lovely Maya Road envelopes onto the paper or cardstock of your choice for the same effect). Instead of using the two cardstock circles as the closure, I used two of the vintage buttons from the Sweet Sue kit (along with some embroidery floss). I love looking for little ways like this to add a unique touch to a project.
(I loved Diana's idea of cutting out the die cut from the kit to make leaves, so I did the same thing!)

Inside of the envelope, I have notes from my hubs over the past ten years. I wanted some sort of journaling on the layout, but I wasn't sure what. I usually turn to song lyrics for these types of layouts, and these are the lyrics I used (from one of my favorite artists, JJ Heller).

You have a way of stirring up my soul
Did you know
When you hold me in your arms the way you do
It feels like coming home

And I am lost for words
You’re more than I deserve
And when I cannot stand
You are where I land

And when the years have stolen youth away
I will stay
You will be the keeper of my heart

Until my final day

3 comments:

Jenn K said...

WOW! Virginia this layout is breathless! And the lyrics you chose, so perfect! I definitely feel the love in this layout! AMAZING, AMAZING job!

Jana Eubank said...

This is stunning, V! I love your flower cluster and the treatment you did to the envelope with the buttons.

Jana Eubank said...

This is stunning, V! I love your flower cluster and the treatment you did to the envelope with the buttons.