Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sweet Sue: Scrap Your Style!


Today, I have a new layout to share with you for the "I Gotta Be Me" challenge over at the Noel Mignon Challenge Blog. Basically, the challenge is to scrap your style and each design team member shared a little bit about how they scrap. Here's what I shared about my style:

I would consider myself to have a shabby chic style with clean lines. I enjoy incorporating ink, paint, distressing and almost always machine stitching on my layouts and projects. I find that I like a more muted color palette but scrapping with bright, fun colors (especially in the summer) is growing on me. I lean towards more things girly (makes sense with my two girls) - pink, lace, ruffles, doilies, etc. I adore using kraft cardstock as a background (love that Noel includes a sheet in every kit). It's such a great neutral to contrast other colors. I also always add a white edge to my photos in Photoshop to help them pop off my page.

I used the "Sweet Sue" kit for my layout about how terrified my daughter, Nora, is of grass. (Actually, both girls were scared but Lily has been a little more brave lately. :) I swear Nora has abs of steel because as soon as you try to set her on the grass, she draws her legs up perpendicular to her body. 



The die-cut patterned papers are My Mind's Eye, green alphabet is Sassafrass Lass and the other alphabet is My Mind's Eye. 


I used one of the Elle's Studio monthly journaling spots here and just hid the month since it didn't work with my layout. 


I turned around a Basic Grey tab and stuck a few Maya Road pins through it. 


Finally, my favorite part of this layout is the bottom. I layered Basic Grey doily ribbon and Sassafras Lass banner stickers to form grass....aren't those jagged edges scary?! :) 


Until next time,
Jill

2 comments:

Heather Innusa said...

Now that is just hilarious!!! Love the pics & the page is great too!!

BlessedinTexas said...

That is so cute and I love love this kit!! Thanks for all the inspiration always.