Friday, September 17, 2010

Mini Me!




Noel challenged us to do a layout that is true to our style... it came out of a conversation on the message board that you can read more about, here. It's really cool to see how everyone's specific personalities and styles come out, whether or not they realize it!

This is how I described my style:
When I scrap, I tend to stick to the same design, because it is not really my strength and I start to stress about doing a "great design" and then it ends up all wonky looking! You'll see a lot of layouts from me with a photo (or a strip of three photos) centered or off to the side. My favorite part of scrapping is the embellishing and layering, so that is what I devote most of my energy to. I love to start with a fairly neutral background (kraft, whites, pale yellows, and grays are some of my faves) and then layer with paint or mists, patterned paper in rectangles & squares, ephemera, masking tape, and punched shapes. I love to add lots of distressing with inks & painted-on mists, tearing, and shabby chic/feminine touches. You'll always find some of my own handwriting on my layouts, too. I've had my work described as "haphazard" before and you know what? It fits me. :) Layout created with the Sweet Sue kit (7 left!) from NoelMignon!

1 comment:

Jules the Bling Princess said...

Virginia, I love the artistic feel to this layout. This is gorgeous, and yes, very you!!! (-: Love it.