Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Simple Halloween Card


Yes I know Halloween is still a little over a month away but I am just too darn excited about it this year! I am going to attempt to make my girls’ costumes this year. I hope they turn out well otherwise I might be purchasing a costume for them at the last minute! Ok. I digress.

Today I wanted to show you how you can make a Halloween card with your Sweet Sue kit (7 left!!!) First you will need to cut the kraft cardstock into the size of card that you desire. Then choose 3 different papers and cut them as seen in the example. In case you were wondering where the chandelier came from, I cut it with my Silhouette. Just choose any Halloween item and place it over the hen sticker.



Next up, glue the papers onto the card. Set your sticker aside for now.



Hand stitch or machine stitch each piece of paper together. This will hide the seam from where your papers are touching each other. It will also add a bit of texture to your card as well.



Place some pop dots under your sticker to add a little bit of dimension to your card. I used some October Afternoon letter stickers for my sentiment.



Here is my finished card.



Who would of guessed that you could use the Sweet Sue kit to make a Halloween card? I know I didn't think so at first either but the green, kraft, beige, and black combo are perfect colors for Halloween.

Happy crafting everyone!
Diana

No comments: