Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dirty Job - TV challenge

It's challenge time again over at the challenge blog! This time the challenge is to use a TV show as your title. So I went with 'Dirty Jobs', one of my faves :) 
Journaling reads: I've been spit up on, puked on, pooped & peed on. I've changed more diapers than I can remember. I've cleaned up tons of messes. Being a mom is certainly a very dirty job but I'm thankful every day for this great job!
 
I used the Sweet Sue kit for this layout (only a couple left!). I adore the We R Memory Keepers stitched cardstock!! I added part of the Jenni Bowlin shaped paper to ground my photo strip along with tags I cut out of the October Afternoon paper. I also added the Basic Grey red ribbon doilies around the outside to add a little pop of color. I love how just the edge is sticking out!
I also tried to channel my inner Virginia with a masking tape flower :) But when I was making the flower I dropped it on the backside and ended up liking how the masking tape was peeking out from the cut circle. So I turned it around, sticky side down, added another punched circle and that pretty pink flower.
I added the journaling around the edge a long with my title and Voila! To see all the DT member's layouts along with the challenge info, click here!

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Very creative and oh so cool page! Love all the stitching! :)

Jenn K said...

What a great layout! I really enjoy that show too. This is a fun challenge. I have my thinking camp on.