Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fashions by Olivia

My daughter loves to draw and create and loves to make up all sorts of 'businesses' and fun things. I think she's already figured out how she's going to make her first million! hehe Anyway, she wanted a journal to put all of her 'fashion ideas' into so she could have her own fashion journal. So I came up with this:
I found a plain chipboard journal I had in my stash and set out to decorate it with some fun goodies from the Sweet Sue kit (5 left!). I seriously looove this kit!! See that brown 'shape' sticking out from the Sassafras borders? That's the little strip of My Mind's Eye paper that you cut off. I always save those for when you need to add a little touch of something to project.
I cut the scallop square with my Sizzix and added part of the Prima jewels (just snipped the part off that I wanted to use), added that pretty blue flower, and added the October Afternoon alphas & AC thickers from previous kits.
The pink ribbon from the Seaside Cottage kit (sold out) finished it off. Cause my girl loves pink :) The great thing about this book is that once she's done with this phase of her life, I'll keep it as a little scrapbook of a snapshot of her childhood. And she can look back on this when she's older. So on the inside cover I added just a few leftover Sassafras borders with the 'eight' card & an Elle's Studio journaling card with her age & date.
And now I have to work on Volume 2...because this one is already filled! Here's a peak of the inside:
And her fashion prices are very reasonable, too ;)

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Adorable! Looks like she's taking after her mama with all her creativity!

(Also, you may want to speak with her about broadening her fashion market to moms... I don't think my body type would look so great in those swim suits.... hehehehe!)

Virginia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie gutshall said...

Love this idea! So cute!

Heather Innusa said...

What an awesome idea!! I have so many notebooks that I've been saving that my son has drawn his pokemon and other things in. Didnt think of doing this with them - you got me thinking!!

Jenn K said...

Oh too much FUN!! I love this!