Monday, September 13, 2010

2 LO's to Share today

So, I have been having a bunch of fun over the last week using my Office Party (sold out) and Sweet Sue (GRAB ONE!!) kits. These babies work perfectly together! I also have been browsing around the web for some sketches to draw inspiration from. That is really one of my favorite online tools, sketch sites! Two of my favorite are Sketch Inspiration and Inspired Blueprints, which is where I went for both of these layouts.
First up...here are my boys and their cousin this summer. I started out thinking I could knock this baby out in an hour...nope. I got into the detail work and it took me a good 4-5 hours, between the sewing, the cutting, the inking.
Anyway, I LOVE the BG paper doilies...LOVE them! I also had a sheet of Hambly overlays, which I trimmed and added to the right top, and I like how that looks IRL, the photo has a big ugly glare. I also have to say that the MME letters in the Sweet Sue kit are some of my favorite ever. I just love how weathered they are and the size on them is perfect. I also had to pull out my trusty MS butterfly punch and get busy with that. Whenever I don't know how to finish up a page I reach for my punches.





Here are my boys on the first day of school. Again...I'm loving my butterfly punch.



Hope you all have a beautiful day and are having some scrappy fun! :)

7 comments:

gssfam said...

Ok I am in definite need of one of those butterfly punches! Gotta have one! You're layouts are FABULOUS!

Deanna said...

These are fabulous Noel! I loooove both on them!

Jenn K said...

Both layouts are amazing!! Thanks for the inspiration!

caroline hancock said...

Love them Noel, im like you if i think it looks bare, out come my MS butterfly punches to just add more detail. love them punches soooooo much :)

BlessedinTexas said...

Noel, by far this may be two of my all time favorite layouts! I love love everything about both of them and the boys are so handsome. I hope all three of them have the best year ever. I am hoping one day soon I will be able to afford to buy a kit again, I so love what you did with the Sweet Sue kit. Are the corrugated letters in that kit too? Anyway friend have a great week.

BlessedinTexas said...

I forgot to mention I love your take on the IB sketch too!!!

dstandard said...

Both of your pages are awesome!