Tuesday, September 7, 2010

box tops container

If you have kids in elementary school you probably are familiar with collecting box tops. If not, they're these little 'box tops' squares on certain food items that you collect, turn in and get money for your school.
I used to keep these in a baggie clipped on my fridge door but....that's not very pretty, now is it?? So I came up with a better solution...
Do you recognize my container?? Here's a hint...

The flip top lid works perfectly and makes it super easy to throw in new box tops when I get them. And since this is on my counter all year long I wanted to make it look pretty. So I grabbed my Sweet Sue kit since the greens in that kit would work perfectly. How did Noel know that my kitchen was full of greens?? hehe
Anyway, I used that pretty Jenni Bowlin paper as my background and added one of those Sassafras sticker strips along the top. I also added a strip of October Afternoon paper along the lid of the container to take away the harshness of the bright green lid. Then I used one of the Sassafras flowers mounted on the Elle's Studio month circles, added a heart from the Sassafras stickers, that pretty red Prima flower & some leaves cut from the We R Memory keepers embossed tag. Have you noticed that Diana's idea has all of us doing that?? Great idea :)

Then I added some brown & white bakers twine from my stash and that's it!! So there you have it. A cute container to sit on my counter for all of our box tops :)

4 comments:

Maggie Massey said...

I, too, am a plastic-bag box-top keeper...I'm doing this tonight!!! Love the idea & I just so happen to have an empty parmesan shaker!!! Thanks so much for the idea!

Katie Burnett said...

What a great idea! I need one of these too! Thanks Michelle : )

Jenn K said...

Super cute and a great idea! TFS!

Noel said...

super fun Michelle!! This is so much cuter on the counter top than my old plastic bag. :)